Thursday 5 August 2010

My recent Mac haul

I'm back! Sorry it's been a while since I last posted on here, but I've had a lot less spare time lately. What with having a new kicthen installed and all the cleaning and sorting out that followed, and children at home on their summer holiday, I've hardly had any time for myself. What little I've had I've spent reading forums and blogs and searching eBay for bargains. I also never got around to taking photos of my new purchases, let alone looks, so there wasn't much to write about. But now... as we've entered into August, that means Mac has launched its new collections and of course I've had to endulge. Unfortunately it turned out that the UK isn't getting everything from the new Digi Pops collection, including the new dazzleglasses and the Look in the box sets. I wasn't bothered about the box sets, but I really wanted some of the dazzleglasses, although luckily it seems I may be able to get them from a very nice person on Spektra. I have placed a rather large order with Mac the day the new collections were launched on the website and my black box arrived this afternoon. So I thought I'd show you what I got and I will try and take pictures of swatches and possible looks over the next few days as well - we'll see how that works out. But for now, here's the details and some pictures of my haul: Dazzle lipsticks: Naughty You Troublemaker Baby's On Fire Hot Sass Infused With Glam Dare to Wear lipglasses: Dare to Dare Bold & Brash Ban This! Gimme That! So Bad Wind Me Up Alice + Olivia: If It's Pink dazzleglass creme Sparklicious dazzleglass creme Partylicious pigment I am planning on checking out the rest of the dazzle lipsticks in person either tomorrow or Saturday, because I really like them, and there are about 5 of them that I think I might like. I'm very happy with the ones I got, they're all lovely, although Baby's On Fire seems less glittery than the others, which I guess is not necessarily bad, especially if you're not into glitter that much. I will post a separate review on the dazzle lipsticks once I have all the ones I wanted. I will also try to review the other glosses and the pigment. Unfortunately Partylicious and Later pigments (both Alice + Olivia) have now sold out online, and only the other place they're available is Harrods, so if you really want them, that's the place to go! Have you bought anything in these new collections? Any lipsticks, lipglasses, eyeshadows?

2 comments:

  1. Amazing haul, as usual! I haven't bought anything from the new collections for some reason, I think I'm just holding out for VV and FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! :) I'm less interested in VV and FF, I'm more of a magpie and really wanted the shiny, shimmery stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...