Sunday 6 February 2011

Finished! The January edition

You might recall that I started this series last month when I managed to finish several beauty products (which doesn't happen very often, I'm telling you!) and to my surprise I'm back with another post of yet more finished products. I don't want to include basics like shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in this as I always go through those, will just stick to skincare, make up and fragrances.

First up are my beauty basics:


Mac Brow Set in Show Off is the only thing I use on my brows as I don't like brow pencils (too harsh) or powders (too obvious). This is a brown shade that just gives a bit more definition to my brows and holds them in place. I came across this product when Blonde, Brunette, Redhead collection came out in 2009 and I have loved it ever since! I actually think this was my original one, so it lasted me over a year, although I did move it to my downstairs cloakroom a while ago as it was running low (that's where I keep my emergency make up items for day when I have no time to apply my make up in my bedroom), so I guess I hadn't been using it so regularly lately ( have a new one in my bedroom). It never dried up though, just ran out. I love this stuff and have already repurchased it and will continue to do so. £11.50 from maccosmetics.co.uk.

Continue reading to see what other products I've finished last month!


Next up is another beauty staple, the best budget eyeshadow primer ever. Barbara Daly for Tesco Even Smoother Eye Base. It's a small pot of creamy beige coloured eyeshadow base that can also be used as concealer. It has a lovely texture, goes on smooth and holds onto the eyeshadows for hours on end. Really love this stuff, absolutely brilliant. I use it all the time and really love it. Can't find its price on the Tesco website, but it's under £5 for a 2.5 g pot. Bargain.


Here's what a brand new one looks like:


Next up is another staple, Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. I really like it, works for me very well. It doesn't take off waterproof mascara, but other than that it's really effective and doesn't irritate my eyes. It's not cheap, but it works for me, so I will stick with it. £17.50 for 100 ml from esteelauder.co.uk.


The next item however is something I will not repurchase. Avon Perfect Wear make up remover is a two-phase remover that you have to shake to mix together before use. It's oily, leaves an oily trace even when rinsed off, doesn't actually take off waterproof mascara easily and stings my eyes. I'm not even sure if this is still available, I can't find it on Avon's website, but I think it was £5 for 50 ml, so not even that cheap.


And now onto fragrances. I actually finished two perfumes last month which is just as well because I have about 40 different fragrances and I really need to get through a lot of them as quickly as possible. I'm trying to resist the temptation to buy more, because of the amount I have and also because often I find that I like a scent, buy it and then find that I've gone off it. That's exactly what's happened with this next product: The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom EDT!


I remember really loving it when it came out in 2009 and I even bought a second one (together with shower gel and body butter as part of a set) later on. However, when I decided to use it again last month, I found that I wasn't all that crazy about it after all. I have managed to use one up, but I still have a second nearly full 50 ml EDT and I'm currently working on using up the shower gel and body butter. So as you might have guessed, I won't be repurchasing this. It costs £15 for 50 ml from thebodyshop.co.uk.


Last up another Avon product, Surrender Eau de Perfum. I do like this one, it's a nice scent, but I won't be repurchasing it for several reasons: I already have another one (yep, I am a compulsive back up buyer!), it's now been discontinued (although it's still available on eBay and actually sells for surprisingly lot of money!) and because I have too many perfumes already. 

That's quite a lot of finished products, let's see if I manage to get through a few more this month. I'll let you know! 

3 comments:

  1. great job on finishing all these <3! the eyeshadow base looks very tempting :) and you completely hit pan with it :D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I scoop every last bit of it out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover.. but love Lancome Bi-Fiacil.. it's much better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...