Saturday 12 March 2011

My Mac Jeanius haul

As well as its very popular and much anticipated Wonder Woman collection, Mac also released a smallish collection this month entitled Jeanius. The collection consisted of 4 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, 3 lipstick, 3 lipglasses, 2 nail polishes, an eyeliner and a brow marker.


Once again Mac came out with larger than usual eyeshadows (think Tartan Tale and Peacocky) and this time they look like they've been cut out of a pair of jeans. Quite clever really, but unfortunately the colours weren't all that interesting and the texture of one in particular (Diva in Distress) left a lot to desire. So I ended up only picking up Stovepipe Black which is a lovely dark grey with a nice sheen, not chalky black at all, very pretty. I was tempted by Motorhead too, but I read that it was a dupe for Deep Truth, so didn't get it. Stovepipe Black is a colour I don't own, and since I wanted one of them just for the pattern, I went for it. 

Find out what else I hauled from Jeanius and see lots more photos and swatches after the jump!

There seemed to be a lot of excitement over Pink Cult blush which I didn't pick up mainly because it's a matte and I prefer my blushes with a sheen/shimmer, so I opted for Overdyed instead. It's described as bright magenta by Mac, but it's actually not that bright, it's more muted and very wearable even for lighter skintones. It has a satin finish, so there is a slight sheen to it. Very pretty.

I also picked up Riveting Rose lipstick and Indigo Pink lipglass, which are both deep burgundy with blue pearl. They are a very good match, but I actually prefer wearing Riveting Rose with a lighter pink lipglass (gloss) as I find it a bit too vampy for daytime and also it does apply a little unevenly on my lips. Lovely colour though, again a shade I didn't have in my (rather large) collection.

Finally see some more pictures and swatches below! Did you indulge in this collection? If so, what did you get? Let me know in the comments!





Stovepipe Black eyeshadow

Overdyed, Riveting Rose, Indigo Pink, Stovepipe Black
Taken with flash

Overdyed, Riveting Rose, Indigo Pink, Stovepipe Black
Taken without flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...