Thursday 17 March 2011

Sorting through my mascaras part 2

Remember this post? Today I'm back with more mascaras from my stash.

First up is Givenchy Eye Fly in Black. I like this one a lot. With brush being quite fluffy, not spikey, you get a very natural look. It's very hard to overdo it and end up with spidery lashes. The only downside is, when you have short, thin lashes like mine, a natural look isn't always what you'd opt for. You can see me wearing it in this post. Also, it doesn't curl my eyelashes as much as some of my favourite mascaras (more on them later). So I probably won't repurchase this one, but will use it up because it is pretty good.

Givenchy Eye Fly Mascara

Continue reading to see more pictures and find out which other mascaras I've been testing.



Givenchy Eye Fly Mascara

The next mascara is Diorshow Black Out in Khol Black. Unlike the original Diorshow and Diorshow Extase, I did not like this one at all. The formula is okay, but as often, this one fails when it comes to the brush. This one is just too big and the bristles are too far apart, so they just don't grab my eyelashes to distribute the mascara enough. The result is clumped spidery eyelashes (see me wearing it here). It does make my lashes look thicker and curls them a bit, but the result is nowhere near as nice as I would like it to be. I think I will stick with Diorshow Extase which is just miles better than this mascara.

Diorshow Black Out Mascara

Diorshow Black Out Mascara

I did a comparison photo between the Givenchy Eye Fly mascara wand and the Diorshow Black Out mascara wand and you can see how massive the Diorshow one is, whereas the Givenchy one is just the right size.

Givenchy Eye Fly mascara wand (top) versus Diorshow Black Out mascara wand (bottom)

I have to apologise as I don't actually know what this next mascara is called. It's by Clarins, I think it's called Wonder Length, but I don't have its box and I bought this ages ago, so can't remember. But this is the long one with the thin brush if that's any help. :) I have this in Plum colour, it's a nice deep colour, just a bit less harsh than black. The brush is very thin and has short bristles, but it works and the formula is good, so this mascara gives me nice long(ish) curled lashes. No smudging or flaking either. Like this one a lot, will defnitely use it up. Not sure if I would repurchase, but I might do as this is a very decent mascara and I don't have other mascaras in plum colour. 

Clarins Wonder Length Mascara

Clarins Wonder Length Mascara

Finally a picture of me wearing this mascara. 


Next week I will show you my two absolute favourite mascaras. Be sure to check back soon!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...