Friday 2 December 2011

Finished! The November Edition

I managed to finish a lot of products this month, so I'm pretty pleased with that. Of course most of them are skincare products as usual, but I did finish two pieces of make up, so it's alright.

First up is the most expensive face cream I've ever owned, it's Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Cream. This is a 50 ml size and it currently retails for £255. No, I've not gone mad, or maybe I have! I didn't pay nowhere near as much as this was actually a tester that I bought on eBay and the lid actually looks pretty worn, although don't know why because the cream inside was untouched. I've had this for quite a while, especially as I tended not to use it in the summer as it doesn't have any SPF. Also you really only need a tiny bit, so it does last forever. It's really lovely, but I don't know if it's 25 times better than my Nivea face cream that I've also finished. So I won't be repurchasing this for now, although I do actually have about 15 samples of it as well for travelling, so I'm okay for now anyway.  


See what other products I've finished after the jump!

Nextup is an unfinished product actually, because I just couldn't get any more out of the bottle. It's Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Base Coat. It didn't do anything for my nails and it's gone quite gloopy now and the brush is just not long enough to get the rest out. There's at least a quarter still in there, so it's a waste of money. £12 for 8 ml isn't even that cheap. Won't be buying another one of these.


I had heard so much about St Ives Apricot Scrub, I really wanted to try it out for myself. I've heard that it's really rough on your skin and causes damage to it, but I actually really liked it. I hate scrubs that don't do anything, at least this does what it says on the tin. I picked this trial size up for 99p which is a great idea actually, in case you hate the product, you're not shelling out lots for it. I liked it, but I will stick with my Mac Volcanis Ash Exfoliator for now (while I still have some left).


I got this Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector sample for free to try out, but since it's a big trial size, I thought I'd include it here. I don't really know what it's done to my skin, but then I normally use Lancome Genifique which I would imagine is similar, so maybe there wasn't going to be a noticable improvement anyway. I won't buy this because I have Genifique and this didn't wow me, plus it is expensive at £57 for 30 ml (well so is Genifique actually).


The first make up product I've finished this month is Mac Truth & Light Magically Cool Liquid Powder. I never thought I'd finish it as it's a large 24 g size and at first I was under the impression that it was a more of a highlighter, but actually I used it as an all over setting powder and it wasn't at all shimmery. I like this a lot and I have a back up, although I kinda wish I hadn't bought the back up from the Venomous Villans collection as i hate the picture on the lid and now this is permanent, but never mind. My only criticism is that it had actually dried out about 2-3 months ago, despite being stored in its box inside a drawer at all times. I guess it's best not to remove the seal completely as even if you keep it closed all the time, it can still dry out. It was alright when it wasn't mafically cool liquid anymore, just powder, but I like the cool sensation so would prefer it that way. This cost £23.50 for 24 g.


Next up is The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Clensing Wipes. I got this as a freebie, and would never even buy this myself. Firstly it smells vile. Secondly, I think it's because it's a 2-in-1 cleanser and toner, it contains alcohol. Yuck. It stings my face, so gentle it is not. Really horrible stuff. £5.50 for 25 wipes. 


You might remember that I cut up my travel size Urban Decay Primer Potion tube 2 months ago and half filled a 3 ml sample jar with it. I had been using it almost every day since and I still have quite a bit left in there, only it has dried out now, so I can't really use it. Very wasteful, bad packaging, but in the end of the day, good product. I have a few more sample size tubes, so I won't be repurchasing this just yet, and judging by the amount of sample size tubes you get with Urban Decay palettes, I probably won't even have to for years. Just like their Zero 24/7 eyeliner pencil. But it's all good. Primer Potion now comes in a squeezy tube and it costs £14.50 for 11 ml.


My night cream for the past 6 months or so had been Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10 Plus Night Cream. It's really good, I like it a lot. I think I bought mine when there was a buy one get one free offer, so it only cost me 5 quid for 50 ml.But even full price it's very reasonably priced. I find it's just the right consistency, not greasy or heavy, but moisturising enough. Oh and apparently Kate Middleton uses this too. I would definitely repurchase this.


Another one for my Back 2 Mac empties bag (I'm saving up for Ruby Woo lipstick):Mac Brow Set in Show Off. I use this all the time on my brows, it works really well for me. I have and will repurchase this. £11.50 for 8 g.


The next product is something I have featured in these posts a few times already, I used it all the time, it's Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Make Up Remover. At the moment I'm using Clinique Take The Day Off make up remover which I also really like, so for now I won't be buying the Estee Lauder one again for a while, plus I still have one full bottle anyway. I do like it a lot as it's completely non-oily, but it's probably a little less effective than the Clinique one. £18.00 for 100 ml.


And this concludes this month's finished post. I'll be back with more next month.

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts!I am following :)

    Angela
    http://livciv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...