Monday 26 December 2011

Laura Geller Smoke & Ice Collection Review and Swatches

I bought this Laura Geller set on QVC because I really like her eyeshadows and highlighters, but I have to say this one is a really funny one. The set contains Eye Elements Baked Eyeshadows and Highlighter in Smoke & Ice and lipstick in Nice-n-Nude.


You get 3 silver/grey/black eyeshadows and a highlighter which is a sort of ashy pink colour. Although the eyeshadows didn't swatch very well, once I applied them on my eyes over a primer, they were actually very nice with good colour payoff and lasted very well without creasing. The highlighter is a funny one, it's a ashy light pink colour. You will see in the pictures below, it doesn't really show up on me, which is probably for the best because it's not a very flattering colour at all. You also get a very brown nude lipstick which I haven't actually swatched because I know I will never wear it, so will probably sell it eventually. The set cost £25.20 plus £2.95 delivery cost from QVC.

All in all I don't think it was worth it, although the eyeshadows are good, the rest are just not suitable for me. I can see the highlighter work on my browbone as it has a grey hue to it, so it would go well with the eyeshadow trio, but on the cheeks it's too ashy.

See more pictures after the jump!







Highlighter on left, eyeshadows on the right
Taken with flash

Highlighter on left, eyeshadows on the right
Taken without glash in natural daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...