Tuesday 10 January 2012

Duwop Crush3 Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches

Duwop is not one of the most well known brands and I really only got into it because I saw their original Crush trio (Lava) featured on Musings of a Muse. Since thenI have bought a few other products from Duwop, but my favourite has to be that original Crush Lava trio. I don't think it's available separately anymore, but do not fear as it's included in this palette. Crush3 is basically 3 Crush trios in one palette. As well as the original Crush Lava trio, you also get Crush Emerald and Crush Amethyst.


According to Duwop "Crush3 is a palette of 3 trios of jewel toned, talc-free shadows that gives the look and intensity of a cream with the ease and convenience of a powder. A metallic shimmer breakthrough, these eye colours offer intense payoff and effortless applications." Couldn't have said it better myself.

Out of the three trios Crush Lava is still my favourite, the shades are vibrant, the colour payoff is excellent, and the application is smooth. I also really like Crush Amethyst, but Crush Emerald is a bit of a letdown. Emerald (the green shade) itself is nice, but the other two are not as pigmented as I would like. I have only worn Crush Amethyst so far, so I can't say how long all of them last, but Crush Amethyst stayed on my lid without creasing for 10+ hours.

The only trio available on BeautyBay is Crush 18 Carat, which retails at £21, so at £24.95 Crush3 is a bit of a bargain. I think it was £28 initially, but got reduced straight after Christmas which was when I scooped it up. You get 22.8g of eyeshadows for your money, so it's just over £1 for a gram! Good deal.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!






Crush Lava, Crush Emerald, Crush Amethyst

Crush Lava (Champagne Rose, Burgundy Plum, Bronzy Gold)
Taken with flash


Crush Emerald (Copper, Emerald, 24K)
Taken with flash

Crush Amethyst (Jasper, Lavender Amethyst, Rose Quartz)
Taken with flash


Crush Lava (Champagne Rose, Burgundy Plum, Bronzy Gold)
Taken without flash on a cloudy day

Crush Emerald (Copper, Emerald, 24K)
Taken without flash on a cloudy day

Crush Amethyst (Jasper, Lavender Amethyst, Rose Quartz)
Taken without flash on a cloudy day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...