Friday 10 February 2012

My Chanel Spring Collection Haul Part 1 - Blush Horizon De Chanel and Poudre Universelle Compacte in Jasmin

I have so many things I want to share with you, but not a lot of time, so over the next few days I'll be doing some rather quick posts about some of the lovely make up I've bought from the newly released spring collections.

First up my Chanel haul, well, part of it. I ordered these two lovelies form Boots pretty much on the day of release. I really wanted the Horizon blush and Jasmin pressed powder, for me these two were the must haves form the Chanel spring collection. I also got the eyeshadow quad in Eclosion, Paradis Rouge Coco and Bagatelle Glossimer, but I'll show them to you later.


Horizon blush is a lovely sptripy blush mostly pink with cream, mauve and coral stripes, that give a gorgeous pink shade when mixed, very suitable for spring. It's not overly pigmented, gives a really natural look, but of course can be layered for stronger colour. It comes in the regular black Chanel compact with a mirror in the lid, and it also comes with a nice little angled brush in a separate pouch. It costs £46, but it is actually rather large at 15g, so not as bad as it sounds (most blushes are much smaller).

The pressed powder in Jasmin is supposed to be "natural finish", but it has got a lot of gorgeous shimmer in it. I have used it all over my face and the sparkles are actually very subtle and don't make my face look like a disco ball at all. It's rather lovely actually. Might not suit those who don't like shimmer, but I think it would really look lovely on a night out especially. Comes in the usual black Chanel compact with a mirror in the lid, and it also comes with a powder puff. It costs £29.50 and is also 15g in weight.

There are lots more pictures including swatches and also a picture of me wearing both products, so make sure you go all the way down to the bottom of the post.














Horizon blush, Jasmin pressed powder
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Horizon blush, Jasmin pressed powder
Taken with flash

Wearing Horizon blush and Jasmin pressed powder (and Paradis Rouge Coco on the lips)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...