Monday 16 April 2012

Bellapierre Cosmetics 9 Stack Shimmer Kit Review and Swatches

I'd been planning on reviewing this kit for ages, but other things always got in the way, but finally, here it is. I bought this set in TKMaxx a while ago (February), but this is also available from BeautyBay and House of Fraser. I had actually spotted this on the House of Fraser website and loved the colourful stacks, but at £59.99 I just couldn't justify buying it, especially as I'd never actually heard of the brand before. So I was really happy to see it for just £19.99 in TKMaxx and of course snapped it up straight away.


In fact I believe you only get the actual 9 colour shimmer powder stacks for £59.99 whereas this kit also includes an eyeshadow base, two brushes and a clear lipgloss. So yeah, bit of a bargain really. I got the colour Fabulous which is a nice mix of shimmery bright colours. The stack includes two small pots of glitter, one red and one copper, and 7 pots of shimmer powder pigment. The glitter is very fine, but of course still chunkier than the pigments which are really nice and fine. The base included with the kit is slightly sticky and does a good job of holding on to the pigment, giving a creaseless result for several hours (in fact I had no creasing or fading for about 12 hours or so). You can also mix the pigments with the clear gloss and create a lipgloss, although most of the colours in this stack wouldn't be my ideal lipgloss colours. The brushes are okay, a slanted eyeliner brush and an eyeshadow brush are included in this kit. You get 15.75 g of pigment in this kit which is a good amount, making each pot just under 2 g each.

All in all, I really like the pigments, but I would not pay £59.99 for this. It's nice, but not 60 quid nice. However, for £19.99 it's really great and I wish I could pick up more colours (I especially like Iris and Astrid), but sadly due to TKMaxx's nature, they're not available there anymore.

Have you tried anything from Bellapierre? How do you like it?

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!







Taken with flash

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash in natural daylight

5 comments:

  1. I really like the rose-gold color (bottom right). I have a similar shadow and it's my go-to for everyday fotd's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one reminded me of Mac Melon pigment, it's gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. These sets were actually cellophane wrapped, so completely untouched! I'm addicted to TKMaxx now, just bought 7 Nails Inc polishes for £27! Also they often have Color Club polish sets which have become a massive favourite. So cheap but pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I picked up a similar glitter stack, which included mascara, liner(clear), and a stack of 6 glitters at Marshalls, and after reading the prices their cosmetics go for, I feel as if I won the lottery! happy trails, and thanx again for the thorough review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...