Monday 9 April 2012

Paul & Joe Pearl Foundation Primer Review

I showed you this beauty in my haul post and had a couple of requests to review it, so here you go. Firstly, this primer is so pretty with the colourful little pearls inside. Reminds me very much of Guerlain Meteorites Pearls primer, which is also made up of little pearls and is also silicone free. It has a lovely smooth, slightly runny texture that spreads easily and a little goes a long way. It is mattifying, but also contains some very fine shimmer.  


The colourful pearls are in a colourless liquid and once you pump the primer out, the pearls get crushed by the pump, so you get a smooth, cloudy runny gel as a result. I can't say how mattifying exactly it is, or how long it makes your make up last because I haven't tested it long enough, but it certainly has some effect and I do love how smooth it makes my skin once it's applied.

At £23 per 30 ml it is a much cheaper alternative to the Guerlain Meteorites Pearls primer, so if you always wanted to try that one out, but didn't want to pay the high price tag (I think the Guerlain one is now £42!), then give this one a go. I bought mine from BeautyBay, I don't know if it's limited edition or not, but at the moment it's not available on the site. Hope it's not limited edition, because I would definitely repurchase this when I run out.

See more pictures after the jump!





Unblended

Slightly blended

Fully blended

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely gonna give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. pearl foundation....wow, i love to try this too....

    REYAH'S KITCHEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shimmer really is very very subtle. Plus since it's a primer, once you have foundation on top, you will never notice any of the shimmer. It's really lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a primer, which seems very similar to this and I love it! It's by the Korean brand Etude House so I'm definitely going to snap this up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! I've never tried Paul & Joe seems like I should! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this primer it doesnt feel too heavy on the skin and the packaging is utterly divine!! Great review thanks :) ooh btw they sell it on ASOS xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...